Tuesday, September 24, 2013

OMG Arancini! Great Balls of Flavor

In this case, the 'G' is for Gennaro, because the classic Italian eatery, Dominick's, and its east side brother, Little Dom's, are celebrating the Feast of San Gennaro beginning this Thursday with an arancini spectacular.


Let me start out by saying that on their everyday menu, both restaurants have 'plain' risotto balls that rock my world. It's impossible not to order them if I'm there. If I'm just passing either of the restaurants on my way to another destination, I have to walk on the other side of the street so I don't just walk in and order those cheesy little balls of fried goodness. So those are just the regular ones. Here's what you can get from September 26-29 for $4 per ball:

Sausage & Peppers with Sweet Italian Sausage, Tomato, & Scamorza Cheese

Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Chicken Thighs, Tomato, Crushed Red Pepper, & Fresh Mozzarella

Shrimp Scampi with Garlic, White Wine, Butter, & Fresh Herbs

The Hipster (vegetarian & gluten-free) with Carnaroli  Rice, Market Summer Vegetables, & Housemade Almond Milk Ricotta

Nutella filled with Vanilla Bean & Mascarpone with Raspberry Dipping Sauce

Yes, please. 

Dominick's
8715 Beverly Blvd. 
West Hollywood, CA 90048
(310) 652-2335

Little Dom's
2128 Hillhurst Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 661-0055



1 comment:

  1. Those plain risotto balls with the cheesy center look A W E S O M E ! I'm gonna see if they have them here in Atlanta.

    xoxo Diaky

    ReplyDelete